Orange Halloween Snacks
Explore the tastes, textures, and smells of orange foods as you celebrate Halloween.
assorted orange finger foods: cheese cubes, carrot sticks, orange slices, orange gelatin "jigglers", cantaloupe wedges, or corn curls
orange beverages, such as: orange juice or orange punch
cooked orange vegetables such as: squash, pumpkin, or carrots
What to do:
- Go to the supermarket with your child and look at all the foods that are orange. Explain to your child that you are going to make an orange Halloween snack or meal. Challenge him to find as many fruits, vegetables, and other foods that are orange.
- Together, plan a Halloween snack or meal that is all orange.
- Taste the foods you chose and talk about the shapes, tastes, and textures.
- Use words such as squashy, crunchy, wet, soft, hard, salty, sweet, to describe the foods.
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- Which foods have a round shape? A square shape?
- Which foods would you eat for breakfast? Lunch? Dinner?
- What is your favorite orange food?
While you are having fun together, this activity helps your child develop thinking skills and language skills.