Monster Munchie Snack
Stuck for a party snack or gift idea? Try making this tasty snack together.
1 1/2 cups crisp bite-size cereal squares
one 6-ounce pkg. semi-sweet chocolate pieces
1 cup golden raisins
1/4 cup flaked coconut
brown grocery bag
container for storing
ribbon or yarn (black and orange)
What to do:
- Together, collect all the ingredients. Help your child measure the ingredients.
- Invite her to put everything in a brown grocery bag.
- Let her shake the bag until the contents are well mixed. Makes about 4 cups.
- Enjoy a taste together.
- Gift idea variation: Store the mixture in a clean, empty margarine container or in small decorative food gift bags. Challenge your child to decorate the containers or bags with Halloween stickers.
- Help her tie the container with black and orange ribbon or yarn.
- List ingredients on a small card for allergy precautions.
How to use:
- This could be a fun treat to make at a Halloween party.
- You may wish to adapt the decorations for other holidays.
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- What did you put in the snack you made?
- Which ingredient do you like best? What does it taste like?
- To whom would you like to give some of the snacks?
While you are having fun together, this activity helps your child develop small muscle skills, eye/hand coordination and pre-math skills.