Making Monster Faces
Stand in front of a mirror and see how many different faces you and your child can make. Have a camera ready for hilarious photos!
What to do:
- Invite your child to have a monster face contest with you. See how many different faces you can make--even the ugliest face possible.
- Encourage your child to practice in front of a mirror.
- Consider taking instant-developing photos of all the ugly faces that you and your child make.
- Compare the pictures and let other family members select the best "monster mug."
- Recite this rhyme as you and your child practice monster faces for Halloween.
One little monster standing at the door,
Two little monsters dancing 'cross the floor.
Three little monsters peeking through the latch.
Four little monsters, what a happy batch!
Five little monsters, and more that can't be seen,
We're all getting ready for Halloween!
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- How do you feel when you make these faces in the mirror? (silly, scary, happy, sad, etc.)
- Show me your ugliest monster face.
While you are having fun together, this activity helps your child develop observational skills and language skills.