I Can Do It Game
Play this special game that builds self-esteem.
What to do:
- Tell your child something special that you can do. Demonstrate.
- Then ask your child to tell you something special that she is able to do. Can she show you? Your child may count to the highest number, jump high, name all colors, and do physical stunts, such as hopping on one foot or bouncing a ball.
- If your child has difficulty thinking of something, try asking, "What can you do well now that you couldn't do when you were younger?"
- Take turns telling and demonstrating special things that each of you can do.
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- What are some of the things you can do now that you couldn't do when you were two years old?
- What do you wish you could do now that you aren't able to do yet?
- How do we get better at things we want to do?
While you are having fun together, this activity helps your child develop large muscle skills, thinking skills, and language skills.