Baker's Toss Game
You can do more than bake pastries in a muffin tin. Try this fun activity with your child!
What to do:
- Give small cotton balls or balls made of play dough to your child to toss.
- Invite your young baker to toss these into a muffin tin.
- Sort the different colors of play dough in separate cups of the tin. While playing this game, sing this traditional song about the Muffin Man.
Oh, do you know the muffin man,
The muffin man, the muffin man?
Oh, do you know the muffin man
Who lives on Drury Lane?
Oh yes, we know the muffin man,
The muffin man, the muffin man.
Oh yes, we know the muffin man
Who lives on Drury Lane.
- Discuss how a muffin tin is used in the kitchen.
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- How many cups are in our muffin tin? Let's count them.
- What did we toss inside?
- Have you eaten muffins? Did you like them?
While you are having fun together, this activity helps your child develop large muscle skills, sorting skills and language skills.