Your child will love designing these thank you cards almost as much as friends and relatives will enjoy receiving them.
construction paper tempera paint in assorted colors brush shallow containers for paint
What to do:
- Help your child fold the paper in half and then open it.
- Using the paintbrushes, invite him to dab paint onto only half of the paper.
- Refold the paper on top of the painted half, and then open it to show the double image. Note together where colors have mixed and the effect created when folded.
- Refold so that the paintings are on the outside of the card.
- Encourage your child to dictate a thank you message on the inside of the card. Invite him to sign his name.
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- What surprised you when you unfolded the paper?
- Did you make any new colors?
While you are having fun together, this activity helps your child develop small muscle skills, pre-writing skills and an understanding of cause and effect.