Water and Ice Fun
Water is a fascinating mystery for the very young to touch, smell, and taste. What a great way to encourage future scientists!
water 2 zip-locking bags
What to do:
- Put water in 2 zip-locking bags.
- Help your child put one bag in the freezer.
- Leave the other bag in the room.
- Ask, "Will the water in both bags stay the same, or will one bag of water change?"
- Remove the bag from the freezer after the water has frozen and place the bag in a pie tin.
- Watch with your child as the ice melts into water.
- Look at both bags and ask your child how they are the same again.
- You can do the same experiment using an ice cube.
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- What did the bag from the freezer feel like?
- When the ice melted, what did it become?
While you are having fun together, this activity helps your child develop observational skills and an understanding of same and different.