Monster Bean Bag Toss
Watch out for monsters as you and your child create and play this fun Halloween game!
crayons or markers
What to do:
- Invite your child to draw a monster face on a paper plate.
- Help her punch a hole in the top of the plate. Tie a piece of yarn to the top of the plate and tie the other end of yarn to a doorknob so that the monster plate can swing freely.
- Make sure the area is clear so that nothing can be broken.
- Challenge your child to try and hit the monster face with a bean bag.
- Brainstorm with your child to think of other places to have a monster toss.
- Chant this rhyme as you play together.
Monsters, ghosts, and goblins,
What a scary sight!
See them hanging from the door.
It must be Halloween night!
How to play:
- Each player gets to toss a bean bag at a "monster."
- A hit is one point.
- The player with the most points wins!
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- Tell me about the monster you created. Is it scary or silly-looking?
- How many times did you hit the monster with the bean bags?
While you are having fun together, this activity helps your child develop large muscle skills, language skills, and eye/hand coordination.