Let's Pin the Nose on the Jack-O'-Lantern
Take the traditional "Pin the Tail on the Donkey" game and give it a Halloween twist!
orange and black construction paper
What to do:
- Cut out a large pumpkin shape from one or two sheets of orange construction paper.
- Using a black marker, help your child draw the eyes and mouth on the pumpkin.
- Together with your child, cut out large triangle nose shapes from black construction paper.
- Attach the jack-o'-lantern to the wall.
How to play:
- Show your child how to tape a black construction paper nose on the jack-o'-lantern. Encourage him to try.
- Then challenge him to do it without looking. Help him put on a blindfold.
- As you play this game recite this rhyme together.
I am a pumpkin, big and round.
Once upon a time, I grew on the ground.
Now I have a mouth, two eyes, a nose.
What are they for, do you suppose?
When I have a candle inside shining bright,
I'll be a jack-o'-lantern on Halloween night!
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- How will you find the jack-o-lantern without using your eyes?
- What other holiday shapes could we play this game?
While you are having fun together, this activity helps your child develop balance and language skills.