You and your child can create a simple dinosaur costume from a grocery bag.
paper grocery bag
markers or crayons
glue or tape
What to do:
- Help your child cut two eye holes out of the paper bag.
- Together look at pictures of dinosaurs.
- Encourage your child to decorate the bag with a dinosaur face.
- Invite him to decorate the bag with markers or crayons.
- Challenge your child to draw horns, teeth, and other dinosaur features on construction paper. Cut them out.
- Let him glue them onto the bag.
- Consider creating a tail and attaching it to the back of the bag.
- Once your dinosaur is in full dino-might costume, orchestrate a dino-parade or start a dino-band.
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- How big do you think "real" dinosaurs were?
- Where could we find out?
- What do you think happened to all the dinosaurs?
While you are having fun together, this activity helps your child develop small muscle skills and language skills.